Member Information Collection and Use
In order to provide UFAX services ("Service"), UFAX collects Personal Information when you register. The Personal Information collected in order to register for UFAX services may consist of, but is not limited to, your first and last name, email address, username, password, PIN and credit card information as necessary. In addition to Personal Information collected, UFAX also collects non-personally identifiable information, for instance (but not limited to): country, zip or postal code, gender, birth date, occupation and connection speed (collectively, "Demographic Information"). It is optional for a customer to provide other demographic information (such as income level and gender), but encouraged so we can provide a more personalized experience. UFAX makes every practical effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data.
Information attained by UFAX is used only for the intended purpose stated at the time that the information is collected. Personal Information is not shared with other entities in the firm for secondary or unrelated purposes, or shared with a third party, unless otherwise disclosed at the point of collection. If there is an unlikely instance where Personal Information may be shared, the visitor will be asked for permission beforehand.
UFAX shall not intentionally disclose (and shall take commercially reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your Personal Information to third parties (i.e. persons or entities that are not affiliates of UFAX), subject to the following exceptions:
1. UFAX may disclose your Personal Information to third parties as required by the laws, rules and regulations of any nation, state or other applicable jurisdiction through subpoena, search warrant or other legal process;
2. UFAX may disclose your Personal Information to third parties who deliver information from us to you for the purpose of performing such delivery;
3. UFAX may disclose your Personal Information to third parties if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure;
4. UFAX may disclose Personal Information for you in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information you have provided to UFAX.
UFAX has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorized UFAX personnel are provided access to Personal Information, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential.
UFAX does not collect or compile Personal Information for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes, host mailings or otherwise on behalf of third parties. Demographic Information, however, may be shared in aggregated form for the purposes of targeted marketing and advertising.
UFAX may provide links to third-party Web sites as a service to our users. Please be aware that UFAX cannot control and is not responsible for the information collection practices of such third-party Web sites, which may differ from those of this Site. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies on these Web sites before providing any information to them.
The UFAX Site may be viewed anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws regulating the use and transfer of sensitive or personally identifiable data. By using the Site and submitting Personal Information on it, you voluntarily consent to such trans-border transfer of such Personal Information.
UFAX shall not review, monitor or disclose to third parties the communication contents ("Content"), of faxes and or emails, traversing through UFAX 's network in connection with the Service, subject to the following exceptions:
1. Technical issues relating to retrieval, routing and delivery of the Content;
2. UFAX may disclose your Content to third parties as deemed required by the laws, rules and regulations of any nation, state or other applicable jurisdiction through subpoena, search warrant or other legal process;
3. UFAX may disclose your Content for you in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from the Content.
Spam and Junk Faxes
UFAX has a zero tolerance policy for abuse. While we cannot be responsible for external communications received through UFAX services, it is our intention to use all legally available means to prevent distribution and receipt of unsolicited commercial faxes ("junk faxes") through the service, and we specifically restrict members from taking any actions which impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on UFAX resources. We ask that any userís who are annoyed by receipt of such junk faxes, please report such activity to Customer Support at email@example.com.
Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information
If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate users' personally identifiable information. This can be done by emailing UFAX service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member Contact Information
Your email address(s) will serve as the key means of communication with UFAX and is essential for the use of the Service. UFAX reserves the right to send all correspondences, such as administrative notices pertaining to your account, Service updates and announcements and promotional materials to your email address(s).
UFAX uses an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.